FTMD is a USA 501(c) 3 Nonprofit Organization and Haiti’s microfinance institution for the Poor.” It is one of trustworthy microfinance institutions (MFI) in Haiti, serving more than 1,000 women borrowers, most of whom live and work in the remote city of Gonaives and in Haiti in the near future, and more than 200 savers. With its network of 1 branch covering almost every region of Gonaives; Flooded in September 2004 more than 2500 people died and in September 3, 2008 killed thousands and damaged all infrastructures and economic resources, hurricane Ike ,Hannah and Jeanne. Our approach is different to poverty alleviation includes the following services: The social business model…
We plan to open more branches all over Haiti in the near future.
Please contribute to this cause
FTMD Haiti-Microfinance is the way…
- Micro-Loans, using solidarity group (Commeres Solidaires) methodology conducted by Nobel Prize Dr Muhammad Yunus in Bangladesh.
- Small and medium ranked business development loans to improve a business
- A multiple savings products
- Currency exchange services
- Money transfer(remittance) services (next year)
- Literacy, business skills, women’s health, children’s rights , and education for borrowers
- Social impact monitoring
- Life and credit, micro-insurance
Testimonial of Varice Themetide
Coordinator of the FTMD Maranatha Camp
“It is better to teach someone how fish instead of giving him or her a fish dailly”
“My name is Varice Themetide I am the coordinator of Maranatha Camp which is one of FTMD branches. I thank very much FTMD for giving us the possibility to keep our business functioning. But we would like to have more loans to be able to do more and also feed and send our children to school. We are so grateful that FTMD is around to help us. Again thank you very much FTMD! “
Visit our Testimonials Page to view what the people we help have to say
The program would help clients become part of the formal economy and create jobs and wealth in rural areas where the unemployment rates is really high.
AND MORE: In the near future FTMD plans to have program for the small-and-medium enterprise sector (SME) at large, including the flow of goods, social enterprise that develops rural sectors responsibly, and creation of jobs and wealth to the Haitian economy.
Who we help:Optimistic young & Courageous Mothers Determined Entrepreneurs. Hardworking farmers and Professionals .They live in tiny remote villages and in the slums of Haiti, listening to their needs, helping any way we can.
VisionFighting poverty; to deliver financial services for the poor in the remote areas at very low cost compare to the traditional Banks. Empower Women and the youth, lift them up from the scratch step by step based on the Dr Muhammad Yunus in Bangladesh strategies Solidarity group loans program which is a tremendous result for us. Now we are helping hundreds people through this program ,it's works,:Microfinance/Business Literacy and Small Loans,and we have more programs to come for them and with them to create activities and jobs in the communities,like ,Youth Club/Sports for change,Health Program,environment Development etc... and, right now we have financial trouble to serve our existing and the waiting list/clients.We planned to raise more than USD20.560.000 from now thru the near future in order to better serve the poor by opening up more branches ,mostly in the rural zones where the traditional banks don't even exist.Please help us to make the difference in Haiti...
- Women symbolize the spine of the economy in Haiti.
- We provide business literacy and loans to monitor their route out of poverty.
- The economy must start at the bottom of the pyramid in order for no one left behind.
- Haiti cannot overcome its obstacles without the help of its Diaspora through his remittances and its good will as well.
- Leadership, entrepreneurship, dignity, discipline ,courage, vision and prosperity